Mérion de Campbell - Chenorhamphus campbe ... Wikipédia en Français
Maluridae - Pour les articles homonymes, voir Mérion. Maluridés ... Wikipédia en Français
Mérion a bec large - Mérion à bec large ... Wikipédia en Français
Maluridae - Male Superb Fairywren (Malurus cyaneus, Maluridae) Scientific classification Kingdom… Wikipedia
Broad-billed fairywren - Conservation status Least Concern (IUCN 3.1) Scientific classification… Wikipedia
Description of khaki
Khaki ducks do not have large sizes and high weight indicators. The body length of a drake is 65 cm. Its weight is 3.5 kg. He does not rise anymore. The body weight of the female is 2.5 kg. The length of her body is 55 cm. A distinctive feature of the bird is the peculiar color of the plumage. He was described as khaki. Drakes can be distinguished from females.
They have a dark brown, almost black head with a green tint. On the neck, the head plumage has a border, where it abruptly turns into a brownish-green hue. The drake has no white collar around his neck. Females have the same feather coat color, even throughout the body:
- the head of the ducks is small, the eyes are dark. Beak and metatarsus are light gray,
- the neck is long. The bird pulls it out when it runs
- the back and chest are narrow. The physique is toned. The limbs are not wide apart,
- khaki ducks have a horizontal position. Individuals with a fawn color of plumage can take an upright stance. They run fast. In this they are like an Indian runner,
- Campbells are unpretentious in terms of content and nutrition. They love to swim. If there is a reservoir next to the farm, then they can be safely released into the water. They will feed themselves, find algae and insects,
- if there is no reservoir, then the bird will live well without it, swimming in a large basin,
- individuals do not have high muscle mass, but judging by the reviews, their meat yield is high. The bird has very thin bones. With a carcass weighing 1 kg, meat yield 850 g,
- the bulk of young growth is gaining at the age of up to 4 months. In the future, the growth of the khaki campbell duck slows down. Males are usually fattening. They are realized with a weight gain of 2.5-3 kg. Females are left to produce eggs.
Females begin to lay eggs as early as 6 months. They show good egg production. They got such a feature from an Indian runner. A khaki female can produce 350 eggs a year, weighing 80 g. Like all laying hens, khaki ducks are very active. The hens of them are bad. To rejuvenate the livestock, you should purchase an incubator. There is a good hatchability and survival rate of ducklings, up to 80%.
When creating a bird family, they always pay attention to family ties. If there is a need to renew the parent flock, then it is better to purchase the bird from the producer. Otherwise, hatchability of chicks decreases, the embryo in the egg develops incorrectly. The incubation material is discarded.
How to breed ducklings?
To obtain hatching eggs, a parent flock is created. It can be more numerous than that of other breeds of ducks. It includes 10 females and 1 drake. Livestock are kept in a separate pen. Eggs from hens begin to be taken for incubation only from 2 years of egg production.
They are checked on an ovoscope, cleaned of dust and placed in an incubator. A certain temperature and humidity regime is maintained in the cabinet. In different periods of egg ripening, it is not the same:
- 1 week - the temperature is kept at 38 C, 38.2 C is allowed. Humidity is about 70%. If there is no automatic device for maintaining humidity, then a container with water is installed in the cabinet. The fumes will increase the humidity in the incubator. Be sure to turn the eggs in different directions. The optimal turning mode is every 3 hours. It is recommended to ventilate the cabinet every day. To do this, open it for 5 minutes,
- 2 week - the temperature is gradually reduced to 37.8 C. Humidity is also reduced to 60%. Continue turning eggs and airing the cabinet in the same mode,
- 3 week - only the ventilation mode is changed. The time is adjusted to 15 minutes daily.
On the 25th day, they stop turning the eggs. It is recommended to transfer the material to the hatching chamber. It is a cabinet, but without shelves and egg compartments. On the 26th day, biting occurs. The humidity in the cabinet is increased to 80%. This will make the shells looser, making it easier for the chicks to work. The ducklings remain in the chamber until they dry completely. Withstand time until all chicks are born and become fluffy.
Down in ducklings is also khaki, as in adults, but the color is uneven, spotted. The chicks are transferred to a brooder under a lamp. Withstand temperature of 30 C, humidity 60%. A mesh floor is made in a brooder. A pallet is placed under it, which is cleaned and disinfected daily. Feeders and drinkers are carried out beyond the walls of the brooder. In the cage, chicks can remain up to one month old. In the warm season, young animals can be started on the 7th day. They are placed in a separate enclosure.
The ducklings are fed with boiled eggs, cottage cheese, and grain mixtures. The choice of grain is corn, wheat and barley. The grains are ground into flour. For full development, young animals are given bone meal, but not more than 2 g per head, chalk, table salt. Gravel is introduced from 2 weeks.